Monday, December 11, 2006

Zoukout 2006 Weekend

I just reached home after the weekend partying. In 2 hours, I will need to meet a consultant for a weekend tutor post @ the community centres. Haven't slept much since Friday, but I decided to skip the sleep and put an entry instead. Now and then it occurs to me, that I'd prefer not to sleep, not to waste time.

Last weekend, I went to Zouk Out 2006 with a bunch of friends. It was a dance music festival @ Sentosa Island with lots of people (--> big beach party). Organised in collaboration with STB's (Singapore Tourism Board) "Uniquely Singapore" campaign, I believe it was a party aimed at completing the hip and happening, dance party nightlife image for Singapore, in hope of attracting more tourists to Singapore. It was a success because there were alot of people at the event. There were many drink stands, toilet areas and several stages (I think 4 or 5). WE stayed til the morning at about 7.30am and had arranged a private transport to pick us from the beach back home. WE thought about afterparty at a friends place, but I guess everybody was too tired and decided to head back home.

To meet up with friends was really nice, and honestly, it was the saving grace for the night's party. I didn't talk to anybody else. There was a foreigner man who offered to take a picture of me and Yun. We didn't even ask. And while I turned my back to him to check the pictures, he actually came up behind me and had his head over my shoulder so close that I could feel his body heat. In the same moment, I felt his hands on my hips and I stepped away as fast as I could react. As I turned to him, he raised both his hands into the air in plea for innocence, like as if he was confronted by policemen. I can't help but raised my brows at this pathetic attempt of his. I replied in honest hostility, "What's up man?" He puffed his cheeks in speechlessness and decided to give up and walk on.

Well, sometimes I wish to go to a party where I can smile at everybody and be nice. You can be a flirt, a heart breaker, whatever kind of lifestyle you seek. You don't have to be flawless, but this, dear readers, is sexual harassment. You can still meet nice people at parties now and then. And of course, there will always be all sorts of bastards in the world. But once in a while when these assholes turn up, it kills the love.

--> Miss Lovelight commented, "Zoukout is a commercial success, but not a spiritual one"

--> Miss PhiPhi thought, "... this is definitely not a "love" event.."

Sentosa has beautiful shorelines. They are small, but at sunrise and sunset, the silhouette of leaning coconut trees look absolutely picture perfect.

Cost of party:
SGD 48 (at entrance. Luckily we had prior reservations and credit card privillege discounts, we paid only SGD 34)
Drinks not included:
SGD 24 (total of 4 drinks that claimed to be alcoholic, but all I tasted was redbull and seven-up with ice)
Transport and island entrance:
SGD 10

********************************

No comments:

 

Sign up for Earth Hour! - PARTICIPATING: Phi's Addiction  LLP

Earth Hour 2009 by WWF - Sign up for Earth Hour!