Friday, July 25, 2008

Watching the rain

Watching the rain...

guess i haven't sit to watch the rain in a really long time now... a very long many months, yet the time still passes, and I lose track of myself and the things i've done...

Yesterday a friend send me a text message. It was her birthday. Hah, so fast, birthday again. Next week, my best friend gonna leave town for Israel. To be with her bf... so fast again... she's leaving... it was already 6 months she was back... but all that's left of this 6 months after it has passed.. is this... today.

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift, Thats why it's called the Present"

Many people say, live in the present. But i think I am too much in the present, that I sometimes forget to care, that what I did yesterday makes today, and what I make of today gives tomorrow.

Today is Friday, I am sitting by the window, watching the storm that's about to begin, the cold wind beating on my face, giving me a sharp cold touch on my face, yet it is cold because I am warm. An awakening chill that I can feel because I still breath.

I dunno how many people walking on the streets are but empty shells, facing practicalites of live, that u need to do this to get that and to have this. I have chosen an alternative path about things. Chosen to give myself liberty to do things that I like rather than just to be a money making machine, as much as possible.

Self-indulgence, some people call it.

Facing the same practicalities in life, I have also drifted through the crowded with a hollow shell.

But watching the storm, watching the setting sun and walking barefoot on grass, I feel alive.

No comments:

 

Sign up for Earth Hour! - PARTICIPATING: Phi's Addiction  LLP

Earth Hour 2009 by WWF - Sign up for Earth Hour!