Monday, December 19, 2005

Poison of Luxury

When did we learn that life was more than the flowers in the fields, smiling in the sun, and playing hide and seek. How did all the that suddenly transformed into monetary valuation of material possesions, status quo and endless shopping or acquiring just about any new thing.

New jeans, new top, new bag, more bags, more shoes, new furniture, salon visits, manicure visits... endless.

I admit to a mild desire for all these and I am definitely vain about myself, dying to be more beautiful. But this graceful aging isn't much more about the physical appearance, more like the "zen-ness" of the liking of peace within. Whatever the situation presents. Peace but not indifference.

But how can anybody almost tell the difference between the 2? I've felt both distinctively and also felt like I couldn't decide which of the 2 was to define correctly, what that I have felt.

Perhaps having stood still infront of Top Shop, watching people gooble down the highly priced but middle ranged apparell, put the contradiction of the imbalance of materialism and peace, right at where the glass panel separated the shop space and my mental space.

Life isn't free afterall dear old friends.. but I still think that it should be... feed the cows, they plough the fields, and keep the earth alive.

Free from the Poison of Luxury.

No comments:

 

Sign up for Earth Hour! - PARTICIPATING: Phi's Addiction  LLP

Earth Hour 2009 by WWF - Sign up for Earth Hour!