Monday, November 07, 2005

The Magic of Om


The Meaning of Om
"Before the beginning, the Brahman (absolute reality) was one and non-dual. It thought, "I am only one -- may I become many." This caused a vibration which eventually became sound, and this sound was Om. Creation itself was set in motion by the vibration of Om. The closest approach to Brahman is that first sound, Om. Thus, this sacred symbol has become emblematic of Brahman just as images are emblematic of material objects."


http://www.omsakthi.org/worship/mantra.html


Om, the first vibration, the sound encompassing the essence of the Universe.

I had previously draft a post, but lost it due to the very intelligent internet pulses. All I remember of it is the Om. I suppose it did helped me to write to the point and cut my other bullshit out.

Hear the Magic.

No comments:

 

Sign up for Earth Hour! - PARTICIPATING: Phi's Addiction  LLP

Earth Hour 2009 by WWF - Sign up for Earth Hour!